Are you overwhelmed with all of the projects it takes to create a home that’s beautiful, cozy and peaceful? Not to mention the honey do list of things that just need to be fixed.
I’ll let you in on a little secret, you’re not alone!
HOME defined is, a place where one lives permanently.
I believe that definition is way too simple. Home is where we live BUT it’s also where we become better wives, mothers, women, friends, creatives, leaders and more. It’s where the physical life and emotional life are intertwined.
Home is a place and a feeling. Home is meant for our refuge.
It’s not only about the perfectly decorated room…it’s about a real home that can be pretty, cozy and uncluttered
What you can expect to learn from the blog:
- Decorating tips, tricks and advice
- Project ideas and tutorials for the novice to intermediate DIYer
- Decluttering ideas
- Budget friendly shopping guides
- Homemaker tips for the busy modern woman
- It’s the little things that make a big difference
At Home with The Barkers the blog started in January 2013 as a place to teach you what we have learned over 25+ years of home project experience. It has become a community of mostly women who take pride in creating a beautiful home and life. It has become less about our home and MORE about your home.
It is my hope, desire, and ultimate goal for you to use this blog as a reference in making your own home beautiful.
For those who love the home back story. We are currently in our 7th house.
See our CURRENT HOME TOUR HERE.
- Grandmother’s house she wasn’t living in. In exchange for free rent we fixed it up! New kitchen cabinets, painted and refinished hardwood floors. 1994
- Apartment in San Antonio, Tx when Ray joined the Air Force. Wait, did I forget to mention that? Yep, my man was an Officer! 1997
- Base Housing #1. Minimal changes were allowed so decorating was all cosmetic. 1998
- Base housing #2 when we found out we were pregnant with baby #2 before baby #1 turned 1! 1999
- Purchased home #1 in Georgia after Ray left the Air Force. Painted every single wall, built kitchen island, installed wood floors and tile, built a utility building outside, and more. 2001
- Purchased home #2 in same neighborhood with a basement and much bigger yard with a creek. This house had never been updated so we made it beautiful through many DIY hours. 2005
- Purchased home #3, our current home and longest address time to date! It was move in ready and back home in South Carolina, YAY! Of course, I’ve painted and recently we, as in I handed Ray tools when he needed, built an additional bathroom in some attic space for a teen suite upstairs. Now it’s time for the painting and pretty stuff so I have plenty to do! 2007