Do you struggle to make a beautiful life for your family, a perfectly decorated home your friends envy, while looking fabulous doing it?
I’ll let you in on a little secret, WE ALL DO!
It’s not about the perfect family and life…
It’s about real people, loving, living and sharing the same space.
It’s not about the perfectly decorated room…
It’s about a real home that can be pretty, cozy and organized.
It’s not about being a super model homemaker…
It’s about having self confidence in who you were created to be.
HOME defined is, a place where one lives permanently.
I believe that definition is way too simple. Home is where we live BUT it’s also where we become better wives, mothers, women, friends, creatives, leaders and more. It’s where the physical life and emotional life are intertwined.
Home is a place and a feeling. Home is meant for our refuge and here, from our home to yours, you will learn how to find the beauty in it all.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
- Decorating tips, tricks and advice from a self taught expert.
- Project ideas and tutorials for the novice to intermediate DIYer.
- Organization and clutter control skills.
- Homemaker tips for the busy modern woman.
- Self care for the mom who does it all.
- Small things make a big difference.
At Home with The Barkers started in January 2013 as a place to teach you what we have learned over 24+ years of home project experience. It has become a community of mostly women who want take pride in creating a beautiful home and life. It has become less about our home and MORE about your home.
It is my hope, desire, and ultimate goal for you to use this blog as a reference in making your own home beautiful.
AND this here, is for those who love the home back story. We are currently in our 7th house.
- Grandmother’s house she wasn’t living in. In exchange for free rent we fixed it up! New kitchen cabinets, painted and refinished hardwood floors. 1994
- Apartment in San Antonio, Tx when Ray joined the Air Force. Wait, did I forget to mention that? Yep, my man was an Officer! 1997
- Base Housing #1. Minimal changes were allowed so decorating was all cosmetic. 1998
- Base housing #2 when we found out we were pregnant with baby #2 before baby #1 turned 1! 1999
- Purchased home #1 in Georgia after Ray left the Air Force. Painted every single wall, built kitchen island, installed wood floors and tile, built a utility building outside, and more. 2001
- Purchased home #2 in same neighborhood with a basement and much bigger yard with a creek. This house had never been updated so we made it beautiful through many DIY hours. 2005
- Purchased home #3, our current home and longest address time to date! It was move in ready and back home in South Carolina, YAY! Of course, I’ve painted and recently we, as in I handed Ray tools when he needed, built an additional bathroom in some attic space for a teen suite upstairs. Now it’s time for the painting and pretty stuff so I have plenty to do! 2007