I’m Sonya Barker, founder and creator of At Home With The Barkers.
I believe your home should feel cozy and peaceful. My mission is to help you create an uncluttered home that is beautifully decorated. I share DIY projects, simplified decorating tricks, and motivation to live with less.
From the moment Ray and I were married, I’ve been decorating, designing, and painting.
In 2013, after years of helping friends, neighbors, builders, and real estate agents I created At Home With The Barkers blog to reach even more people.
You don’t need a huge budget to make your home beautiful. You just need a friend to guide and encourage you along the way. I’m that friend!
The blog (athomewiththebarkers.com) has become a place where millions of you have come to learn and be inspired to tackle those projects you’ve been hesitant to try. It is my hope, desire, and ultimate goal for you to use this blog as a reference in making your own home cozy and stylish.
For those who love the home back story. We are currently in our 7th house.
See our CURRENT HOME TOUR HERE.
- 1994 Grandmother’s house she wasn’t living in. In exchange for free rent we fixed it up! New kitchen cabinets, painted and refinished hardwood floors.
- 1997 Apartment in San Antonio, Tx when Ray joined the Air Force. Wait, did I forget to mention that? Yep, my man was an Officer in the USAF.
- 1998 Base Housing #1. Minimal changes were allowed so decorating was all cosmetic.
- 1999 Base housing #2 when we found out we were pregnant with baby #2 before baby #1 turned 1.
- 2001 Purchased home #1 in Georgia after Ray left the Air Force. Painted every single wall, built kitchen island, installed wood floors and tile, built a utility building outside, and more.
- 2005 Purchased home #2 in same neighborhood with a basement and much bigger yard with a creek. This house had never been updated so we made it beautiful through many DIY hours.
- 2007 Purchased home #3, our current home and longest address time to date! It was move in ready and back home in South Carolina, YAY! Of course, we’ve made it our own with many projects. Most recently a new deck and outdoor kitchen.