This DIY branch project for Christmas is an easy creation to bring a festive look to any space. I’ll show you how to create this for your own home with little or no spending.
Creating during the holidays is so much fun. It’s a time where I allow myself to do things a little more out of the box. Especially knowing it will only be here for a short while. Today I am going to show you how I created this tree branch art for my dining room holiday decor.
I actually foraged my tree branch from my back yard. Choosing the branch for this project will be up to you as far as the shape. I wanted one that was slightly bent with lots of wispy twigs. You will need to be sure the branch is relatively flat so you will be able to hang it up.
Hanging the branch on the wall:
- This part might take an extra set of hands. My son helped me. Holding the branch to the wall will allow you to see where you will need to add your nails. I only used 2 nails.
- Find at least one spot where you can get in between two of the branches for a good secure fit. In the “V” area you will add the nail. Then secure with floral wire.
- I wrapped the floral wire around the branch first. Then alternating over and under around the nail with each wire end.
Ideas for branch art:
- Ornaments (whatever color scheme works for you) I hung these with classic hooks
- Snowflakes (these or homemade paper cut outs)
- Pom Pom ornaments or felt balls
Another fun idea would be to use a smaller branch and hang it straight up and down, like a tree. Then you could hang those small ornaments intended for little Christmas trees. Cute idea for spaces that don’t have room on the floor for a tree.
I plan to create a new art piece for this wall after the holidays. I’ll be sure to share that here when I have it completed. I show lots of behind the scenes of projects as they happen on my Instagram stories. Be sure to follow me there to see.
More Christmas Post:
- DIY Drop Cloth Christmas Stockings
- Christmas Tree Garland
- Christmas Mantel
- Christmas Mantel Inspiration from 17 Bloggers
- Merry Christmas Sign Inspired by Pottery Barn
- Christmas House Tour
- Dining Room Christmas Decor
- DIY Wooden Gift Tags
- Holiday Wreath
- Victorian Christmas home tour